Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Reminiscence

Well, it definitely was not anything near a usual Thanksgiving Day for me yesterday as I worked a good portion of the day to get a project done. I had hoped to relax, watch some movies, and simply be with Rog.

How do you make God laugh? Tell Him your plans!

Well, while T-Day didn’t turn out the way I’d planned, I still want to hold a positive, uplifting, attitude of gratitude towards it. We went to Rog’s mom for lunch - I am grateful to G (as she is affectionately called) for her generous spirit. She did a lot to prepare for our visit and meal. It was most appreciated.

I am grateful for the weather here in Gilbert. It wasn’t the usual, as it was alternately cloudy, stormy, and sunny. However, it reminded me of a real autumn day, like I used to enjoy back east.

I am grateful for the specialness of this particular holiday as no other, for it is the one in which my friends - most of who are scattered across the country - and I call one another simply to say “I love you.” Sure, we say that to one another throughout the year, but it’s always a bit more special on Thanksgiving Day. We’re saying something more than “I love you;” we’re saying, “I’m grateful you are alive and you are in my life.” How precious.

This was the 5th Thanksgiving that my beloved life partner and I were together. When planning the Thanksgiving festivities in years past often proved to be emotionally straining as I yearned for the arrival of my true partner, I’m grateful that Rog and I finally found one another and that he has been a loving constant in my life since 2004. And this is something I am grateful for not just on Thanksgiving Day but everyday.

No comments: