Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anniversary Eve

Tonight is the eve of our 4th wedding anniversary. It is a joy to think back to this time four years ago when I was about to embark on the greatest commitment of my almost 50 years of life.

Rog and I had met on match.com and within two weeks of full-time email correspondence and two face-to-face meetings, we were talking about spending the rest of our lives together. And, only seven months later, we each promised to do our best to always see the Light in the other and to be their perfect shelter, where they could be reborn in safety and in peace. This from the ex-atheist who’d never been in a romantic relationship more than two years!

As I was preparing for Rog to come into my life – The Man Project –, I talked with God and asked for help. While I had yearned to find my life partner for as long as I could remember, I was used to living on my own and enjoyed it for the most part. I knew that I still hadn’t learned all my lessons regarding relationships (really!) and I didn’t want to let that ‘small’ matter keep my good from coming to me. I asked God to help me be ready for The One and help me with whatever I would need to make the relationship a ‘successful’ one.

It’s been a growth opportunity to say the least, and it’s been the most joyful, love-filled, fun time of my life. Being with Rog, my twin flame and ‘bestest-bestest’ friend, is quite the adventure. And, while it was somewhat a leap of faith for me to make such a monumental commitment to someone I knew only seven months (in this lifetime), I knew God was an integral part of this precious, divine relationship. With God all things are possible, and this holy union proves it!

No comments: