Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

I’ve long looked at Valentine’s Day as a day to celebrate not just romantic partners but platonic friendships too. This viewpoint may have originated at a time when I wasn’t involved in a romantic relationship, as a way to feel a part of this holiday. – ya know, maybe receive some cards! But truly, I was on the mark with this notion despite what my level of consciousness might have been in those days.

Today I celebrate and am grateful for my dear friends. And these days, I have in my world my Life Partner, Twin Flame, and Husband (ooo-eee!) –yes, all in the same fella- in the form and spirit of Rog. What love and joy and healing he has brought into my soul, or perhaps awakened what was there in the first place. I love him and our life partnership dearly and am so very blessed and grateful that Spirit hooked us up together 4½ years ago.

Today’s a great day (every day is of course) to take the time to acknowledge outwardly and/or inwardly our love and gratitude to our fellow travelers - we are all part of the Divine One.

Here is an excerpt from today’s Daily Word to help get our thoughts together:

Having a special day that reminds us to love and be loved is wonderful.
Divine love is its own reward, for the more of this love we express, the more love we have to give. The more open we are to being loved, the more love we receive.
Being love in expression, we are patient and kind, considerate and thoughtful. We communicate how much we care for others and how thankful we are that they are a part of our lives--not just on a special day but every day.


The following is my adaptation of today’s Science of Mind Daily Guide:

“Won’t you be My Valentine?” I hear my Beloved ask.
“Will you let Me into your heart that I may fulfill your every desire?” God whispers in a still, small voice.
“Will you allow Me to inspire you, guide you, direct you, maintain, and sustain you?” God offers, as I catch my breath in awe of the scope of the offer.
“Will you allow Me to share My universe with you and to give you all that I have—all that you see and what remains in the unseen?” God beckons.
“May I love you through your mate, your children, your family, your friends, your co-workers, the strangers you meet, and even those who appear to be your enemies?” the Creator-of-All invites, as I slowly nod my acceptance of my Beloved’s generosity.
“Will you ‘Be Mine’ and keep your attention only on me when your world seems to fall apart?” the Divine One beseeches.
Yes, yes, yes my heart sings back.

No comments: