Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Turning Points

Particularly now, our society is experiencing Turning Points in many sectors and dimensions, and these changes are profoundly impacting our individual lives. Of course, throughout our personal lives we experience profound experiences and changes – that is Life. I think how we handle them is what’s important.

“Turning Points: From Personal to Global” was last night’s topic of discussion at the Gilbert Spirituality Meetup. I know that before I came to believe in God (a.k.a. in my life as “pre-God” or P.G.) and was a devout atheist, the way I responded to change was far different than after I had come to believe in a Power greater than myself.

P.G., I was a bulldozer, endeavoring with all my will to make things happen MY way. I wasn’t exactly what you’d call living in a peaceful space, I lived in the future more than in the now, I felt alone. Once I had a belief in and conscious connection with my Higher Power, life became richer and more adventurous, joyful, and love-filled – and I no longer felt alone. I sought God’s guidance and actually asked for help in matters large and small.

In recent years, I’ve gone through a number of Turning Points, including a career change, several relocations and even marrying for the first time at almost 50 years of age. God was in the thick of it - by my side to help me, guide me, love me.

These days I live in the Now more regularly, and feel peace more often than not. And yes, I KNOW I am never alone. Turning Points are part of life – and, so is God, which is The Source of all.

Isn’t that a comfort?

No comments: