Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fit Condition

Rog and I just got back from a walk after having dinner. It’s barely March, but it’s a beautiful 80 degrees and spring is in the air – that’s why folks live here in the Valley of the Sun and put up with the 115-degree summers!

This week I’ve gotten more physical exercise than usual – which anything is ‘more’ since generally what I get is the walk from the living room to my office, to the kitchen, and back again. We spent some of our anniversary day walking on Murphy Bridle Path in northern Phoenix, and now tonight I was the one who suggested an evening constitutional walk.

I like my exercise to be part of some other activity and to be fun. I just don’t like spending time on my body – I’d rather be focused on my spiritual practice, creative work, reading, etc. I take pretty good care of my body, and it serves me well - and there is certainly room for improvement. I know that energy could be flowing better through this vehicle.

If I am to be of service, I need to be not only in fit spiritual condition, but also in fit physical condition.

No comments: