Saturday, February 21, 2009

The First 100 Days

100 days of... the new U. S. Presidency? No, we’re talking about the first 100 days of my blog! Yes, I’ve written 100 blogs since November 13, 2008, one every day without fail.

As has been noted, my reasons for writing it and doing so on a daily basis were: to feel less isolated, to make myself available for service to hold a sacred space for others, and to place me in a regular daily practice of connecting to God.

I’m glad to report that the blog has been achieving what I’d hoped for. There have been additional benefits too, gifts actually. In allowing myself some time to research online, I’ve gained knowledge and have discovered some wonderful websites revolving around spirituality. It’s been fun, fun, fun! And, my writing voice and style have been developing.

I’m grateful for the inspiration that was given me to start this creative endeavor and for its moving me further into my real work of spiritual counseling and companionship.

Here’s to the next 100 and the myriad of blessings they will bring me, and hopefully others.

No comments: