Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The One Constant

I sold some of my office furniture today, part of a set of several matching pieces I bought when I first moved into this home. I’d never had a new office set and, in part, it’s a reminder of my now deceased dad’s generosity. The sale happened so quickly I didn’t have much time to digest its departure – and loss. Then, I had to reconfigure my office and set up all my computer equipment. I still have items to organize and some to give away. Change. As Rog and I strive to lead a simpler life, I’ve been getting rid of some things that I’ve had for almost my entire life. It feels weird – like we grew up together and now they’re leaving me. Change.

Antonio, 18 years old, departed the earth plane at full moon time this month, leaving my dear friend without her feline friend for the first time in 13 years of being together. She’s tired from helping him make his transition and now is entering the grief stage. Change.

We have friends and business colleagues who just sold their home and moved from Gilbert back to Ohio, where the wife grew up, to help with the care of her aged parents. Change.

One of Rog’s daughters secured her dream job, which also will now allow her to be near her love. Change.

I got an email from a friend telling me that she and her longtime partner have separated. Change. And, she’s in Nebraska now visiting with her terminally ill brother. Change.

Government... the economy... Mother Earth... and on and on.

Change. Change. Change. It’s just part of life and it can be quite unsettling while also being a wonderful growth opportunity.

Still, it’s comforting to know that Spirit is always with us, the one constant in life, and the One that we can rely on to bring us peace when so much else around us is in flux.

No comments: