Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Attitude

“What we say about a situation determines how we think about it and finally what we do about it. Attitude largely determines activity; so watch your attitude and make it one of faith. By practicing positive attitudes, you will experience a renewed trust in God and find creative solutions to your problems.” - Our Prayer.org

I’ve been paying greater and greater attention to the impact of the separated, limited, little Me on my joy, my life. Its thinking can easily push me into fear, not feeling capable enough, contracted.

And yesterday I started paying greater attention to the unlimited Me. It’s the Me that is formless - my spirit, my true essence. So when I caught my attitude starting to drift towards negativity, I paused, said hello to God, and consciously moved back into the energy field of Spirit. With a shift in attitude, my actions shifted as well, and I proceeded on with the day in a more positive manner.

We all know what the shift of attitude towards God, trust, and faith feels like: power, joy, love, mercy, grace, and peace. The little Me cannot bring me to that place. Only the whole Me, the Oneness, God.

No comments: