Sunday, June 6, 2010

Slowing Down

“God does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.”

I heard the above statement years ago in the rooms of recovery, and it comes to mind today as I nurse a head cold.

I’ve been pushing, pushing, pushing work projects and not taking sufficient time for me. Apparently God thought it was time for me to relax - getting ill will do it!

It feels wonderful to slow down - to sleep later, to spend more than 10 minutes reading at night, to eat breakfast with Rog. It doesn’t mean I’ve not worked at all these past few days, but I surely have taken the focus off of work and placed it more on my well-being. It feels equally wonderful to ease up on financial concerns, ‘getting it’ that God is my Source. I can’t fully be of service to God if my head is in a fog, my ears are clogged up, and my physical body is crying out for attention.

Next week I’ve already built in a bit of fun time with friends visiting from out-of-town. I’ve gotten the message and have the willingness to follow Spirit’s guidance to slow down. Thank You, Spirit!

No comments: