Monday, June 21, 2010

Thank You, God!

My prayer today is: Thank You, God! Thank You, God! Thank You, God! I guess it’s an affirmation as well.

I’m grateful that I feel I made some progress in my daily practice of sitting in the Silence, of quieting the mind. I actually was able to focus mainly on my breath for a great portion of the ½ hour. And by focusing on the breath, one can only be in the present moment, in the Now. That is where Consciousness resides, that is where The Presence can be felt. When I did find myself back in the chatter of the little Me, I was inspired to chant Thank You, God! Thank You, God! Thank You, God! and get back to the breath, to the Now.

I’m grateful that I finally got back to my morning stretches. Ever since we moved to Sedona 7+ months ago, those had gone by the wayside. My morning schedule wasn’t so open any more, the floors are Saltillo tile (beautiful - and hard), and I don’t have my own private space where I can stretch to soothing music; challenges no doubt, but not roadblocks if I am willing and open to change. I finally became willing enough.

So this morning I am b-r-e-a-t-h-i-n-g deeply and I am feeling more conscious and more healthy in body, mind, and spirit. It feels great!

Thank You, God! Thank You, God! Thank You, God!

No comments: