Monday, June 7, 2010

Returning to Source

It is a relief for me to learn that meditation is not a practice - it is an intention. As a practice, I get frustrated because my mind seems difficult to quiet. But meditation as an intention is a declaration to return to God, and that is really what I strive to make my life about.

Meditation is the intention to get back to Source, the one thing that never changes and never left us. It is formless and permanent; all that is form is temporary. All true spiritual teachings call us to return our attention to Source. “Return unto to Me, and I will return unto thee.”

My egoic mind can go about chattering away as I sit in the silence, and Spirit doesn’t care one iota. Eventually, the chatter dissipates and I am the formless with The Creator. I am in an abiding state of awakening, my primary purpose for being on the planet.

No comments: