Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Role

“It is not your role to make others happy; it is your role to keep yourself in balance. When you pay attention to how you feel and practice self-empowering thoughts that align with who-you-really-are, you will offer an example of thriving that will be of tremendous value to those who have the benefit of observing you.

You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive or sick enough to help sick people get well. You only ever uplift from your position of strength and clarity and alignment.” - Abraham, Excerpted from the book "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness"

This reminds me of the story about the proper protocol for using oxygen masks on an airplane in the case of a decrease in cabin pressure. It is imperative that adults put their oxygen mask on first, then place masks on the children, otherwise the adults won’t be able to help and the children may be harmed anyway.

I need to take care of myself first otherwise I have little hope that I can be of service to others; I must be in fit spiritual condition.

There is always choice as to how I walk in this life. Situations are neutral; the stories I tell about them and people are of my own making. I cannot make anyone else do or be something else. It is my role to keep myself in balance and in alignment with Spirit. From there I can be an uplifting force for others.

No comments: