Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Path of Waking Up

I’ve been nursing a head cold for several days now, God’s way of getting me to slow down. My ears are stuffed up, my eyes watery, my short term memory... well, short - VERY short! So one could accurately say that communication between me and others might not be that clear.

Still, Rog has been patient when I ask him to repeat himself so I can make sure I’ve heard him correctly. I’ve misheard several phrases and we’ve been able to laugh at my perception of what he said. Perception for any human being is difficult on any given day, but in this physical body currently, it’s even more so. We’re accepting the circumstances and one another, doing our best to make ourselves clear speakers and clear receivers. We’re laughing and saying “I love you” when a message gets lost in my mind’s translation.

But what about when we’re all in pretty good physical condition - then what’s the reason behind miscommunication? Do I hear any votes for the ego, for not being in fit spiritual condition? One is either in their ego mind or their God mind - there’s no middle ground.

I have to be in fit spiritual condition to accurately perceive when someone makes accusations towards me that have no basis in reality - well, certainly not mine - that something else is going on with that person. It’s not about me. It’s not personal even if it appears that way. When someone chooses to cling to their position, their ego is at work, keeping them closed to other options and possibilities. And, their heart has been clamped shut. Not a fun place to be for anyone.

I certainly don’t want to live that way and I am grateful to be waking up. It’s not always easy, with relationships and possessions going by the wayside through necessity. Waking up means honestly looking at my inner thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors with a microscope so that I can know and be who I truly am. From there, I walk in this world coming from the place of Spirit. Acceptance, love, compassion, and kindness prevail.

Waking up can be challenging, but sticking with the illusion would mean being an open and willing partner to ego, to unnecessary pain and suffering. Freedom is at stake.

On this new earth we may find ourselves not making the journey with the long-time companions we thought would be accompanying us. But we will all get Home and be reunited with those we needed to let go of along the way of getting there. We are One and that can never change.

Dear Spirit -
Thank You for Your mercy and compassion as we each do what we can to wake up to You and to who we really are. May I demonstrate mercy, compassion, forgiveness, and unconditional love to all on my path, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. And, may each do the same with me!

No comments: