Friday, June 4, 2010

Blessings

Read in today’s Daily Word, “Today I look for blessings and find them around me,” got me thinking about the idea of blessings in general.

Everything is a blessing, put by God onto my path in life; they reflect the nature of God - good, loving, wise, caring, merciful, etc. However, at any given moment, without the ‘right’ frame of mind and attitude, I may not see the blessings at all. That’s a reflection of my feeling of connectedness - or lack of - to God.

“Blessings come in many forms. Some are welcomed and easy to distinguish, while others are recognized only through the lens of steadfast faith and overcoming. Throughout this day, I remember to rejoice and give thanks for blessings great and small so that I may realize the sublime joy in each moment of communion with God.” - Daily Word, June 4, 2010

I am grateful for recognizing blessings, and the state of my relationship with God that they reflect. Thank You, God!

No comments: