Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dialogue

During this morning’s time in the silence:

Dear God, Holy Spirit, Jesus, and Higher Unlimited Self;
Thank You for my life and this day.
Help me to do Your Will throughout the day and have the ability to carry it out.


THEM: Do you really mean that?

JOYCE: Well..................probably not. I guess it would be better to say...
Please give me the desire to so want to do Your Will, with such a passion, a knowing, an understanding that You truly are First Cause, my Source and so I so strongly want to do Your Will. Then it will be natural for me to carry it out...it’ll feel easy, it’ll run all through me and not feel like a burden.


THEM: OK.

So my prayer this day, and really every day, is summed up as “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God,” one of the beatitudes from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. I strive to be one of those “pure in heart.”

Emmet Fox, in his book, The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life explains it this way:

“Blessed are they who recognize God as the only real Cause, and the only real Presence, and the only real Power; not merely in a theoretical of formal way, but practically, and specifically, and wholeheartedly, in all their thoughts, and words, and actions; and not merely in some parts of their lives, but in every nook and corner of their lives and mentalities, keeping nothing back from Him, but bringing their own wills in every last particular into perfect harmony with His Will – for they shall overcome all limitation of time, and space, and matter, and carnal mind; and realize and enjoy the Presence of God forever.”

“Beatitude” is defined as “the perfect happiness and inner peace supposed to be enjoyed by the soul in heaven.” It is a state of utmost bliss.

To know God in every fiber of my being, and more - that is what I pray for.

And, yes, I really mean that!

No comments: