Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank You for Roger

Dear God;
Thank You for my life.
Thank You for this day.
Thank You for my mental health – for my sound disposition.
And for my emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
Thank You for Roger.
Thank You for...


“Thank You for Roger.” Whoa!

Wow! – What Rog and I have is pretty phenomenal. When I really think about who he is, our relationship, our compatibility, our love, there is really no question that only God – Something greater than us – could have brought us together!

We met through match.com although the geographical parameters each of us set should not have retrieved my profile when he went about his search. And, I was just about ready to end my subscription. That was only the beginning of some odd circumstances and synchronicities that appeared on the horizon as we began our courtship.

I had had serial monogamous relationships, but never married. While there had been love, I’d never met “The One” and since I hadn’t wanted children, I hadn’t felt compelled to ‘settle down’. On the other hand, Rog had been married for 24 years to the same woman and had three children.

While I enjoyed, learned, and grew from each of my relationships, my own shortcomings, and sometimes questionable choice in partners born of those shortcomings and ego were evident. Rog’s character, spirituality, consciousness, etc. were quite a few rungs up the ladder! And, I by the time we connected, I was able to meet him there. God had gotten me ready.

Rog and I are business partners and spend a lot of time together (totally out of choice), probably much more than most couples. With our combined skills and knowledge, and odd overlap of experiences - how many (non- Native American) people do you know have worked on an Indian reservation or been employed by a railroad?! -, along with our personalities, everyday is an adventure, full of growth, laughter, and many hugs. Rog is my “bestest”, “bestest” friend. And, yes, indeed only God could have brought my twin flame and me together.

I am so grateful. Thank You, Spirit!

No comments: