Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Successful Day

Yesterday was a full, rich day – I nourished myself in many ways, the ways that I believe this body, mind, and spirit needs to be fueled up.

The morning was spent mostly on my spiritual life:
. Meditation time and daily readings
. ‘Kawfee’ time and spirituality-focused conversation with Rog
. Writing for You, Me, and Spirit blog

Afternoon time was mind-focused, mostly work oriented, and included the following:
. Internet reading and research
. Posted listing online for my freelance technical writing, editing, and graphics services
. Design work for one of our e-newsletters

Throw in a little bit of socializing with people other than Rog, healthy eating, and fresh air and sunshine. I finished up the day with a Yin/Flow yoga class, fueling my body, mind, and spirit all at once.

There’s always room for improvement, i.e., volunteer work, but I was pleased with the day. I treated others kindly. And, I took good care of myself, something that I’ve not been doing religiously but which is so vital for my spiritual condition. If I’m not in fit spiritual condition, then my emotional, mental, and physical conditions are adversely impacted – and that means those I come into contact might be also; that would not be loving for anyone.

I know that “it’s an inside job” and “peace begins with me.” When I take care of myself and am at peace, I’m walking my path and helping to heal the world. That’s a successful, meaningful day to me. I am grateful.

No comments: