Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today's Thanks

Dear Spirit of the Most High;

Thank You for getting us home safely tonight after a full day of activities.

Thank You for the Christmas caroling –a hootenanny to me – hosted by East West Exchange. I had three solid hours of singing Christmas songs, improvising harmonies, and feeling a part of the small group of warm folks (including my dear yoga instructor) who gathered. It was exactly as I would have wanted it: no pressure, perfection not required, people who love singing, a feeling of togetherness. I don’t organize or participate in such singing groups much these days, so it was an extra special treat: Singing at
Christmas time! Thank You, Spirit, once again.

Thank You for Lisa and Chip and their creating East West Exchange. It is a home away from home.

Thank You for all the people who listened to and sang Christmas carols indoors on a sunny Arizona holiday shopping Sunday and hence provided me with a delightful, uplifting afternoon.

Thank You for a pleasant Sunday dinnertime at Rog’s mom’s home, with his brother, David, another unique occasion since David is visiting from Washington State and the four of us have never before shared an intimate cozy meal together.

Thank You for a healthier intake of food this day after yesterday’s Wyer Family Christmas celebration with too many goodies!

Thank You, of course, for my beloved Roger (and his improving physical state).

Thank You for the peace I feel this evening after starting the day in a not-so-peaceful state.

Goodnight.

No comments: