Monday, December 1, 2008

Spiritual Preparedness

Well, the Thanksgiving holiday is over, it’s December 1st, and holiday preparations are on full throttle!

We’ve gone from a morning where it looked like few of the Wyer family would be together during Christmastime, to this evening’s exciting news of folks coming in from parts west of here. I’m really looking forward to the holiday and getting to better know Rog’s immediate family. It’s going to be fun, fun, fun – and busy, busy, busy!

So, am I ready for another blast of entertaining and activity? Will I take good care of my soul amid the flurry of activity, expectations, preparation, etc.? Yes, yes, yes! I really want to be present and enjoy the time.

I am not much fun or of great use to anyone else if I do not take good care of me, and socializing becomes a not so joyful time. Thanksgiving experiences and insights are still ripe in my memory. To experience the joy of the upcoming season, I will take time to b-r-e-a-t-h-e. The breath is so in the moment, a relaxing foray into peace and connection with Spirit.

As I make plans for our company, so too I will make plans for my spiritual being, both worthy of my love, kindness, and caring attention.

No comments: