Saturday, May 9, 2009

God is Everywhere, Always

I’m a greeting card aficionado – I like to send and receive them, especially via snail mail, the ‘old-fashioned’ way.

This week I sent out cards to numerous friends in celebration of their being mothers. I used an online program (SendOut Cards) and selected what I thought was one with a spiritual slant. Its front cover said: “God couldn’t be everywhere, so he created mothers.” I’ve heard that before and had thought it nifty, so I wrote a personal note inside and sent it out. I actually sent several out, all specifically personalized.

I know that some moms can be pretty special including having the ability to be unconditionally loving even with the most challenging of offspring.

But I realized that to say “God couldn’t be everywhere, so he created mothers” misses the mark, that it doesn’t fit into my belief system.

And, that’s because God IS everywhere!

No comments: