Friday, May 22, 2009

The Pacesetter

In packing for our move, I’m finally getting to reread papers that I’ve held onto for years, traveling and just taking up space. My files have moved from Manhattan to Taos, several times around Santa Fe, and now have resided in the Phoenix area for almost six years.

I have much paper, for these came into my life before the computer and Internet were widely used.

It’s time to share these gems... Here’s one that can be found on the Internet.

Psalm 23: Japanese Version by Toki Miyashiro

The Lord is my pacesetter; I shall not rush.

God makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals:
God provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity.

God leads me in ways of efficiency through calmness of mind,
And God’s guidance is peace.

Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day, I will not fret.
For God’s presence is here.
God’s timelessness and all-importance will keep me in balance.

God prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity, by anointing me with oils of tranquility.
My cup of joyous energy overflows; surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hours.

For I shall walk in the pace and dwell in God’s house forever.

1 comment:

Mike Smitka said...

Do you have any idea where I might find the Japanese version? I googled variations of likely characters for "Miyashiro" without success.