Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jubilant Spirit

“I value the wonderful qualities of children. As I watch a group of children absorbed in playful activity, I see that each child is intent on what he or she is doing, eager to learn and free from concern.

“Having this open, receptive, jubilant attitude is a perfect way for me to live my own life.“

- Today's Daily Word - Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Every day is a new beginning. After the signing of yesterday’s bankruptcy’s docs, I feel today is a BIG, new beginning. So how interesting to read this morning’s Daily Word (excerpted above) since I really was feeling “open, receptive, jubilant” to the myriad of possibilities on all fronts.

Soon afterwards, arriving emails revealed a number of possibilities regarding paid work. I got the go ahead from one client for a brief tech writing project, and two projects are a strong possibility with another. I also found out about a one-month assignment at a call center located nearby – and, they’re looking to hire a whopping 400 people! I suggested to Rog we both go to the job fair – it may not be about getting the job but meeting just the right person(s) we need to meet to move us forward in our life, a way for Spirit to introduce us to some new, old friends. Finally (for now), there seem to be some interesting part-time and telecommuting positions open up north where we plan to resettle.

Amid all this movement and excitment, it is important that I continue to be on the lookout for signs of God and His Guidance and note them as such too. We’ve got a lot ahead of us to address and I want to be as effective as possible with my time, and at peace too. There’s no doubt there’s a Divine Plan, but if I’m not open and receptive and mindful, I could miss the leads - and lose my jubilant attitude.

Thank You, Spirit, for my open, receptive, jubilant attitude.

No comments: