Sunday, January 4, 2009

Poised

I went to a Unity service this morning. The minister was just back from a trip to Ecuador where he has a second home. He said that throughout all his travels around the world over the years, whether for the Marine Corps or church business, he had always felt protected. This last trip was different.

Joel told of his adventures, in the comical way that he so well does. And in the end, the message was he needed to “stay poised in the Christ Mind.” With working so much before his trip, he had not taken care of the state of his soul, and his outer world reflected it.

The message was apropos, since I’ve been praying for peace of mind regardless of what is going on in the outside world. I’m developing a peace that will “deal with all things in my life with equanimity.” I’m told that eventually this will lead to Nirvana – sounds good to me!

I cannot access the Kingdom when I’m out of sync with Source. So I continue to pray, seek guidance, and develop the kind of consciousness that allows me to deal with all the vicissitudes of life in a peaceful way.

No comments: