Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shower Time

I so love being in the shower. It’s not just that I’m a water person (a Cancerian), but I find it to be such a peaceful place. Shower time is prayer and meditation time for me!

Singing in general is a form of prayer for me. Even when I was an atheist, I felt something special inside me when I sang. When I came to believe, I realized what that feeling had been: connection with Spirit.

So, I’m usually singing in the shower, maybe even chanting. It might be only within my head, or in an outward alto voice, fortissimo. Sometimes I get into contemplation mode. Other times, I pray for others.

It really is a great time to connect with Spirit. And, when I don’t have to rush off but can luxuriate in slow mode – well, it’s pure heaven.

Warm water soothing my body, warm thoughts and feelings soothing my soul.

God is everywhere, blessing me in often simple ways...

No comments: