Sunday, January 11, 2009

Praying and Peace

Today was such a wonderful day! Actually, the past several days have been pretty nifty I’ve noticed.

Today included coffee time with Rog (aka spiritual conversation and nourishment), an uplifting Unity service, singing, connecting via email, an hour long call with a dear friend in which we made plans for her to visit next month (yippee!), fun eBay auctions ending with some monies earned, etc. A full, busy, and rich day – and, I’m feeling the joy.

I think I’ve been having these types of days more and more frequently in recent times because I’m feeling more and more at peace. I’m connecting with Spirit more, staying in the present moment where I hold onto to faith and trust. And, in different ways throughout the day, I’m praying.

A reading this morning talked about making your life a living prayer by praying all the time. I’ve heard this before and I love it! As a living prayer I’m always mindful of God, growing closer and closer to Him. This enables me to focus on all that is good and the best within me, to give with a full and thankful heart, and to be at peace. It doesn’t take much, and the journey as well as the destination is fulfilling.

Dear God - I pray to be a living prayer throughout my waking hours and to go to sleep with a prayer of thanksgiving on my lips, and peace in my heart.

No comments: