Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Showers of Gratitude

Often when I’m in the shower – just me and the delicious warm, wet water, I take time to talk to Spirit. It can take the form of prayer, chatty conversation, and/or soulful singing. I cherish the time and can sometimes forget that the water meter is ticking.

I showered this morning right after I got out of bed, before having my quiet time with Spirit, not my usual habit. So I made sure that I took time to be with Spirit while cleaning my physical body. I started with a “Thank You for this day, thank You for my life,” then started sharing a gratitude list.

Lo and behold, when I got to my reading time, Unity’s Daily Word focused on gratitude. I like the synchronicity of that – especially since another reading stated “We will experience no coincidence today. All situations that transpire...have their purpose” (From In God’s Care, January 7). Also, I like the additional enforcement for my consciousness. Thinking of what I’m grateful for is always an uplifting experience for me - and I suspect for most everyone.

So here’s the full reading from the Daily Word – enjoy!

Today's Daily Word - Wednesday, January 7, 2009
GRATITUDE
With an attitude of gratitude, I attract greater good into my life.

I am grateful for all the good in my life and aware that by being grateful, I am attracting even more good to me.

Gratitude is more than just thankfulness. It is a deeper awareness that because God is present within every person and situation, ultimate good is also present.

As I begin each day both in the awareness that God is all good at all times and with the assurance that I am one with God, I have the strength, patience, and faith to face any situation. My gratitude increases with each prayer of faith and each acknowledgement that wherever I am, God is.

I thank God for this day and for all the good it holds in store for me and for those I hold dear.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God."--Colossians 3:16

No comments: