Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gift From Spirit

This poem started materializing in my right brain as I lay in bed this morning debating whether to get up and start the day or hang out underneath the warm flannel sheets.

I don’t think I’ve written a poem since learning haiku in elementary school (I’m 53 now!), so this is an astounding occurrence for me. It could only have originated from Spirit.
______________________
In the wee hours of the morning as I lay in bed
I listen for messages from God
I so yearn to be at peace, hear God’s guidance, and be led.

Morning is a special time for serenity and peace
In prayer and meditation I find
It’s the opportune space for the connection that I seek.

As I go about my day focused on God, life goes well
I’m never far from Source or my good
Walking with Spirit, being in my heart, I choose to dwell.


- Joyce S. Kaye

No comments: