Monday, January 19, 2009

Blessings Everywhere

Rog and I left our home in Gilbert at 6:00 AM yesterday so that we could attend the 9:00 AM Unity of Sedona service in the beautiful Red Rock Country of Arizona. We were heading to Sedona anyway so why not incorporate a Sunday morning service and get some extra spiritual nourishment?

This Unity church is nestled among the trees of West Sedona, housed in a quaint space with large windows to view nature and more easily feel at One. Just lov-er-ly!

The minister’s talk on prosperity was abundant with many messages for me. The main and most powerful one was to bless everything, everyone, all the time.

But, perhaps the greatest message – or rather the one I was in greatest need of hearing at that moment – was that when I’m worrying about something or someone, I am not in a spiritually awakened state. Oish! And too, when I am being judgmental or critical, I’m not in a spiritually awakened state. Of course, none of this is news to me – just a great reminder.

Now lately I have been feeling at peace in many matters and hence have deemed myself spiritually awakened – at that moment. I have been in the flow and it has felt wonderful. But, ah, how easily I can slip, especially when it comes to challenging people in life. When I realize that all they’re really doing is crying out for love, I snap back into the spiritually awakened me, and love them and bless them.

I choose to treat everything and everyone as a blessing. Thank You, Spirit, for all the blessings you shower upon me.

No comments: