Saturday, January 3, 2009

Are You Listening?

The Universe is always speaking to us using nature, intuition, and other means to get its message across. But are we listening? The sooner we pay attention to what the universe is telling us, the less we fight the river. - Science of Mind, 12.03.08

One way the Universe - or Spirit - sends me messages is through dreams. And, in the wee hours of this morning, I got some timely messages that I am prepared to take note of.

I had some powerful dreams about Santa Fe, NM. I had lived there for about 7 years until moving to AZ almost 6 years ago. While there, I was not a happy camper and found myself to not be the upbeat person I usually am; I felt my soul was dying.

Having grown up and lived in New York City for 41 years, a melting pot of 8 million people or so, New Mexico was a very different place to live than I was accustomed to – and I did not take well to it. I have not kept in touch with the vast majority of people I met there, and I’ve only been back once since “leaving Dodge” and that was solely to attend a conference. It’s a time of my life that I’ve simply not wanted to be reminded of.

But it seems that now that we are preparing to move to a smaller and more rural community, it is time for me to heal my New Mexico stint. There will be some similarities between where we relocate to in AZ and the places I lived in and people I met while living in NM. I want to build a joyful, full life in our new community, so it behooves me to heal my past and make peace with NM.

Thanks, Spirit, for the message. I’m listening, and I am open to Your guidance.

No comments: