Friday, January 2, 2009

The Destination

Our outlook on life must be transformed by the renewing of the mind, and even when the results are not immediately forthcoming, we must still maintain a calm serenity of thought.
- The Science of Mind by Ernest Homes, page 218

Ah... “...maintain a calm serenity...” Yep, no matter what is going on in the world, what truly matters is what’s going on inside me. I must be vigilant to take good care of myself so that I can face the outside world and engage in relationships in a loving, peaceful, joyful way.

A reading this morning talked about detaching from the destination so that you can enjoy the journey. In fact, detaching from the outcome allows one to connect to the journey. And, actually the journey is the destination.

Once again, the message for me is to be in the Now. In the Now there is peace and no fear - which is where I was headed again as I laid in bed early this morning - ugh! I made a quick about face, chanting the Prayer for Protection, and getting back on the God track. The God track is the only place I want to be. The Faith track, the Now Track, the Joy Track. Staying in the Now, I peacefully enjoy the journey, knowing the ultimate destination is Home.

No comments: