Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Giving and Receiving

Today we received a gift check from an OA ‘family member’ from my Big Apple days to help us move forward in our life. The amount took my breath away, as did the love and generosity it reflected.

Rog said, and I of course concurred, that we look forward to when we can write such checks out again. Individually and as a couple, we’ve been able to do so in the past. We sure know how great it feels to be on both ends, as a giver and a receiver.

These days we have been holding the space open to receiving so that we can make a fresh start in our life. And, we have been manifesting God’s blessings. In the same vein, we open our hearts to give to others in whatever way we can... Right now it may not be in the form of money, but I know that the greatest power and the greatest gift is love. I can offer that always.

No comments: