Friday, April 3, 2009

Egos

Yesterday I got irritated with someone I really love and get along tremendously with. It was the same old pattern and I was sick of it.

My peace was disturbed and I wanted it back, so I gave serious consideration around the matter and prayed for God’s guidance.

I got the idea of separating the person from the ego. So I placed the ego aside, and then I felt peace. Once again I felt the love that my own ego had tried to annihilate. Ahhh – what a wonderful feeling!

Also, I realized that whatever I was disturbed about was really about me, not the other person. The pattern was mine to claim and hence mine to change. This is the case always.

When I met with the person again, the energy was back on track to its usual peaceful, loving place. This incident was a tremendous learning for me and one I hope to remember.

Thank You, God, for Your guidance and for my willingness to listen and be open to change.

No comments: