Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God Signs

I was surprised Monday night when, at the Gilbert Spirituality meetup, a friend arrived with a gift for me and I in turn had a gift for her.

The gift was the book “When God Winks on New Beginnings: Signposts of Encouragement for Fresh Starts and Second Chances” by Squire Rushnell. Sue knows how important signs or synchronicity is to me for my connection to Source and I was touched by her thoughtfulness.

The timing of this gift is synchronistic for it has meaning to me as Rog and I stay open to what Spirit has in mind for us as we make a big change in moving north.

Rushnell defines “godwink” as “a personal signal or message directly from God, sometimes as an answer to prayer, and often mislabeled as coincidence.” I, for one, do not believe in coincidences.

The day following the meetup, Rog’s friend was guided by Spirit to introduce himself to some friends of friends, who it now seems we were destined to connect with as well. Spirit worked out the schedule so that we could lunch with those folks today on their way through Phoenix. We were comfortable with one another immediately, discovered we have had common experiences, and are very much like-minded in our view of Spirit and what’s going on in the world and on the planet. Total strangers (so it would seem) - instant friends.

I think that all the parties in this story would agree that Spirit was at work and that there is a plan for us. We are being moved along on our path as events flow, and God winks to guide us and encourage us to keep on keeping on in the midst of challenge.

No comments: