Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Signs of Hope

I recently started using Craig’s List as a tool to get clients for my computer-related projects business.

Through me placing an ad under “Services”, I received a call from a woman writer down in Tucson who said in her voicemail that she thought I was exactly the person she’s been searching for. Those words, coupled with her name, Felicity, and her warm, bright energy, made me feel Spirit was very much involved in our connecting. Felicity signs her emails “Love and Light...”

I’ve also used Craig‘s List in the reverse way, i.e., searching for people who have advertised that they’re looking for someone for a particular “Gig.” I started searching in the Phoenix area, and moved to other Arizona area listings. Then I was inspired to check out the Big Apple, my former hometown and “The City That Never Sleeps.” Sure enough, there were plenty of listings there for me to offer my help. I’ve since moved on to Dallas and Chicago as well.

I connected with a NJ company president of an on-line vegan restaurant in need of help with his e-newsletter; Michael signs his emails “Peace Blessings & Joy...” And, I have a telephone appointment scheduled tomorrow with a design magazine firm that donates a portion of its revenue to an organization dedicated to improving poverty through design.

This has been such a wonderfully enriching and eye-opening experience. I am connecting with people throughout the country (and it’s only just begun!) and connection is about Spirit. I cannot realistically think that the type of individuals I’m meeting up with is coincidence - it is synchronicity, the way I came to believe in God. And, these individuals clearly care about other beings and the planet, and have an awareness of Spirit.

It is an honor to meet up with them, and a hopeful sign for the future of the world. People caring, people sharing, people attuned to God. We are One.

No comments: