Saturday, April 18, 2009

Giving

As I go through The Move Project of 2009, it is unlike any other, in terms of the circumstances around it and the current apparent lack of financial resources.

It has forced me to be very creative and open to unlimited possibilities. It has stretched me in my being humble and in my capacity to ask for help. It has me spending more time with Spirit as I ask for guidance, pray, and meditate. The aforementioned are all gifts and blessings, ones which make me feel grateful.

New, like-minded people and opportunities have come into my life, and they too make me feel grateful. I’ve been the recipient of many gifts and kindnesses lately as I have put myself more into the world going about this Move Project.

Today’s reading from the Daily Word strikes me so directly as I sit here at the keyboard in a friend’s home in Verde Valley country, the location of our future hometown. Here it is:

I give, and I am greatly blessed in return.

I may have received help from friends, family, or even strangers at a time I needed assistance. I give thanks that they have been there for me and for others.

I, too, am open to giving to those who need help in everyday and unusual circumstances. Whether someone needs a ride to the doctor, a sitter for a child, or a meal at the end of a pay period, my inner guidance reveals what and how I am to give.

The wondrous, miraculous gift from this experience is that I cannot give without receiving in turn--much more than I have given. As I acknowledge and appreciate the dedication of others to be of service, I myself am encouraged to give. I offer what I have of my time, talents, and skills.


- Daily Word, Saturday, April 18, 2009

No comments: