Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Alone - Not!

Daily Thoughts from Guideposts, December 16, 2009
A Time to Think
“This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone.” - Taylor Caldwell (1900-1985), English novelist.

To Act
“Whenever disappointment or anxiety come, repeat: "I am not alone."”

My tag line for my business as The Computer Therapist and more recently for The Computer Spirit has always been “You are not alone.” This statement has great meaning for me...

Before I walked into the 12 Step community almost 20 years ago, I often felt alone in this vast world. With no belief in God, trying to manage my life and my relationships with my limited (if any) power, there were times when I felt so alone that I imagined that I could drop dead in my studio apartment in NYC, and no one would noticed until I didn’t show up for work for several days. Quite a sorry situation.

But – when I met the loving, caring, honest, service-oriented folks in OA, and came to believe in a Power greater than myself, such a sad, desperate outlook shifted in a huge way. With a changed perspective on people and the world and Spirit with me 24/7, I came to believe that I am never alone.

At Christmas, I am never alone, for the Light that was born two thousand years ago still shines throughout the world and in each and every one of us. And, when I am disappointed or anxious, I can always make contact with Spirit.

Indeed I am never alone for Spirit is always with me - for that I will be forever grateful.

No comments: