Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Present Demonstration

My prayer this morning was...

Dear God;

Thank You for this day.

In this moment, all is well - may I stay here, in the Now. Let me not look to the future, nor even to the past. For it is only in the Now that You are. It is only here that I am in peace. There is no fear here.


And then I read...

“... there is not the slightest reason to be discouraged merely because one’s present demonstration seems to be very poor and spiritual power entirely lacking.” - Emmet Fox, in his essay The Everlasting Gates

Granted, it is not true that my present demonstration is “very poor” nor my spiritual power “entirely lacking.” However, there are a couple of areas in my life that I feel fearful about. These are pointers that tell me I need to focus on God, on the Now. Here is where there is power, strength, faith. And peace.

It’s always about (getting back to) peace.

No comments: