Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Touched

What a delight to start my day (after meditation) reading an interview of Martha Williamson, the Executive Producer and Head Writer of the long-running TV show “Touched By An Angel.”

I loved watching that show and am grateful that I “came to believe” (four years before) in time to do so. It amazed me that such a subject matter would be broadcasted on a major network, and the message repeatedly offered one that resonated with my own philosophy. It did not preach and it was about faith and spirituality, not religion.

Beliefnet.com asked Ms. Williamson “What was the most important message of the show?” Her reply was “: God exists, God loves you, God wants to be part of your life, and He is there to have a personal relationship with if you seek Him.”

The aforementioned is a mighty powerful message, just like the Great Mystery Itself. And, the idea of having a personal relationship with God is one that I hadn’t often hear people talking about. However, it is a cornerstone of 12 Step philosophy, and has proved to be the truth for me.

It is through a personal relationship that I am touched and that I am at peace. It is through this that my soul grows and is strengthened in love, joy, and faith.

It is because of this personal relationship with God that I never need to feel alone. For at any time, I can be touched directly by Spirit, or by one of Its many angels. How cool is that?!

No comments: