Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking to God

“We may still fear the outcome of a situation because we’re not certain God wants the same things for us that we want. But by recalling our past, when God’s direction has brought us where we need to be, we can rest our mind and turn our life over again.” – In God’s Care, December 29

‘Tis true... When I get into fear about something in the present - well, no (not the present, for all is well in the Now) – the future, I simply have to go back to the past and see how God took care of me. This past year has been quite an adventure, and quite a demonstration of God blessing me and showering me with grace. When I look at my life these days - my physical surroundings, my relationships, my community - there is no doubt that God has had quite a hand in the unfolding of it all. I am grateful.

So, what insanity makes me think that God would drop me now? That God would not continue blessing me and taking care of me?

The ego is a cunning, devious entity and it surely took hold over me big time last week. And with all the fear it generated, it still did not keep Spirit from gracing me and taking care of me.

May I keep a steadfast gaze on Thee, my Source, and may Thy will be my will. I turn my will and my life over to the care of God over (and over and over...) again. And so it is.

No comments: