Saturday, December 5, 2009

Soul Nourishment

“The life we’ve been given by God is meant for enjoyment. But we can be certain of this enjoyment only when we put our energy into actions that replenish our soul. Love guarantees replenishment by guaranteeing our connection to God, from whom our sanity and peace come.” - In God’s Care, December 5

Today I attended my first monthly W.I.L.D. (Women In Love with the Divine) Women’s meeting. As you can ascertain from its name, this is not your plain vanilla type of women’s support group.

I felt love, caring, and support from the very minute I walked in the door. And, this rightfully turned out to be one of the first groups I have joined upon moving to Sedona where my energy is put into replenishing my soul. My soul has been undernourished for quite some time now and with all the offerings in our new home town, we - my soul and I - have been looking forward to implementing a new plan of nourishment. I’m glad it’s underway, initiated with joining the Mystic Choir a few weeks ago.

As Emmet Fox states often, “... you absolutely owe no loyalty whatever to anything or anyone but your own soul and to the furtherance of its spiritual development.”

I am grateful to be expending more time and energy to honor my soul, its nourishment, and its development. In so doing, my life is becoming more enjoyable and my connection to God strengthened. I’m beginning to once again feel that my life has meaning. I welcome this all, and the peace beyond all understanding that accompanies it.

Thank You, Spirit!

No comments: