Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tranquility

Dear God –

Help me!

Help me to take care of my soul, to make nourishing it and my relationship with You a priority. Only then can I be an instrument of peace and love and joy for You. Only then can I dwell in the peace that is mine by Divine Right.


After spending some desperately needed time in the Silence this morning, I read today’s Daily Word – its message was synchronistic. Thank You, God!

Daily Word, Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Tranquility

I relax into the renewing peace and calm of God.

Just as I feel refreshed after a good night's sleep, I am rejuvenated during quiet times of reflection and communion with God. My time apart may be a quiet hour in a serene place or single moments focused on God in the midst of seeming chaos.

I turn inward to the place of peace that reveals God to me. I relax. With each moment of silence and with each calming breath, I am aware of the wholeness that I am. Cares slip away, and I am at peace.

In this season when winter nights grow longer and nature comes into its time of rest, I respond in kind. I relax into the renewing peace and calm of God. Tranquility is the blessing of my time apart, and I carry it with me through every moment of this day.

He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while."--Mark 6:31

No comments: