Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Two F's

“Face every situation with faith in your heart.” - Daily Guideposts, December 9, 2009

It’s interesting that this uplifting, affirmative quote made me think of a contrary, but remarkably related one: “F--k Everything And Run” and its more gentler companion, “False Evidence Appearing Real”, the word fear being the acronym for each.

Faith and fear are opposites, and these expressions convey that. When I’m in faith, believing in Spirit, I truly can face every situation. Without faith in my heart, fear can easily set in and my willingness and ability to face any situation becomes dubious. Faith and fear cannot exist simultaneously and so I’m always at choice.

My spiritual practice strives to strengthen the faith in my heart and thereby weaken fear, along with ego.

Dear Spirit-
I thank You that the prescription for fear is faith.

No comments: