Saturday, December 19, 2009

Taking Care

I’m grateful that when I felt myself starting to lose my peace this afternoon, I took a time out. This is a loving action on my part, and my soul was thrilled... after all, the break was to nourish my spirit and connect more finely with God.

I read some spiritual literature, words by Emmet Fox, and was caught by the affirmation “I am surrounded by the Love and Peace of God.” Repeating this over and over with my eyes closed, I relaxed. Fifteen minutes or so later, I felt refreshed and ready to move forward in my work.

I’ve learned many tools to make my day flow more easily and joyfully, but I don’t always employ them. The main reason is usually “I’m too busy.” But this is deadly, for without nourishing my soul and my relationship with God, I deteriorate mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. And, life just ain’t fun (neither am I).

Dear Spirit –
Thank You for my knowledge of the many ways I can nurture my relationship with my soul and You, and for the willingness to take care and do so.

No comments: