Monday, December 28, 2009

Time and Spirit

I’ve been wishing people a happy new year – and decade! Yes, we are ten years into the new millennium although I don’t quite know how that happened...

Some questions crossed my mind just a few minutes ago: “How strongly has my relationship with Spirit deepened over the last decade?” “What about the last year?” And, “What would I like my relationship with God to look like in this new year?”

This time of year is often one where one takes time to reflect back – and forward – on the direction of their life. I cannot think of a subject more important to reflect on than that of my relationship with and understanding of Spirit.

As I move into the new year, it is my great desire to spend a lot more time consciously with Spirit, strengthening my connection, hearing guidance more often and more clearly, and following it with ease and grace. It is my wish that my heart open wider for both myself and my fellows; that is where I feel the Presence.

As the old year and decade fade away and as the new increasingly draw nigh on the horizon, may I remember that Spirit is timeless - and always with me.

No comments: