Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gratitude

As I prepare to leave for my weekly Gratitude Circle meeting, I’m beginning to think about what I’m grateful for. And, I’m thinking that these days it seems that remembering gratefulness does not seem particularly natural. That is, it seems that I really need to pause and be conscious to take the time to review the blessings in my life, that I don’t often feel that ‘on the spot’ gratitude that I have often felt.

It is helpful that I now have a weekly meeting in my schedule where the focus is on gratitude. It opens my heart to hear others express their sentiments and it jump starts my own contemplation.

Expressing gratitude is an additional way that I feel closely connected to Source. So in these days of late where my ego is often churning 24/7 and my inner peace is not as consistently present as I would like, hearing and sharing on gratitude is an extra precious gift to me. And, it seems that once I start making a gratitude list (verbal or written), it snowballs and grows to practically no end.

Dear Great Mystery-
Thank You for all Your many blessings and for the feeling of gratitude towards them and You. Both enrich my life infinitely and eternally.

No comments: