Friday, February 5, 2010

The Breath

A client came into the office early yesterday morning already experiencing a rough day and acting a bit snarly. I suggested she take a deep breath. I’m not sure she did, but as I made the suggestion, I noticed I did! Instantly, I felt myself relax and feel more balanced.

When the ego is running around in the cage of my head, especially when I’m (meditating), focusing on my breath is a sure way for me to get centered. It sure feels great!

I take a deep, conscious breathe to relax, focus, stay in the Now, and thereby connect with Spirit. There is no limit to how often and how long I do this. The more, the better I’m sure my mental, emotional, spiritual, and even my physical body would agree.

A warm cup of chamomile tea: $2.49 - A deep breath: priceless!

No comments: