Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Do What You Do

Neglect not the gift that is in thee... - I Timothy 4:14

“What is God asking you to give today? It may be large or small, but one thing is certain: It’s something only you can give.” – By Roberta Messner (From today’s Daily Guideposts)

Well, I easily and naturally give hugs. And, I’m quick to help someone with computer-related issues. I consider myself a good listener and empathetic. But, what is it that is uniquely me, that no one else can give? My singing voice, my wit, my wisdom?

Perhaps it’s sharing my experience, strength, and hope. I’ve led an interesting and unique life considering my roots and the fact that I’m a woman. I’ve developed a philosophy of life that has served me and my fellows well.

So maybe it’s simply telling my story of how I came to believe in a Power greater than myself that could relieve me of the insanity of my life, not just in the area of my eating disorder, but in other unhealthy relationships as well. I know that I love sharing about what my life used to be like, what happened, and what it’s been like since I developed a relationship with the God of my understanding. And, I know it has been a service and a blessing to many of those who’ve heard it.

I’ve said that if I accomplished nothing else in this lifetime, shedding the atheist persona and coming to believe in Spirit and acting in accordance with that belief has been plenty.

So along with hugging, listening, and being empathic, I guess just doing what I do means being one of God’s poster children demonstrating how Spirit works in one’s life. It’s an example of healing and waking up to all that each of us truly is.

No comments: