Saturday, February 27, 2010

Loved and Protected

Yesterday I reconnected with this little girl, my inner child.

When I first saw her, I just wanted to hug her and hug her and hug her. She is so precious. We took a walk through a park, holding hands, swinging our arms, both with wide smiles on our faces and eyes twinkling. We had a grand time.

We had a photograph taken of us, the adult Joyce with the child Joycie snuggled together on the park bench clearly each full of joy and love.

And then it was time for us to part. She had a hard time with this. I reassured Joycie that I would be there for her in the days to come, apologizing for neglecting her in the past, as her parents had done. It was difficult to split for each of us, but with enough reassurances and plenty of hugs, Joycie was okay about going back to her house. She knows of my commitment to her now and that I will be there for her.

This morning during quiet time, Joycie and I met up briefly. This time I told her that not only could she count on me, but she also had God to rely on. She can’t lose now! She’s got me, and God, and her own strength, courage, and love too.

We are God's beloved today and always. We are in the strong and protected presence of God (adapted from Daily Word, Friday, February 26, 2010).

No comments: