Monday, February 22, 2010

Listen to the Pouring Rain

Here in Sedona it is raining once again. It would not be an exaggeration to say that in the four months we’ve lived here, the precipitation (it snows here too) has exceeded that which fell in all of my 6+ years of living in Gilbert! If you’re familiar with the Phoenix Metro area weather, you know this is quite likely.

But how apropos... As rain cleanses and nourishes, these past months have been about letting go of the old ways and beliefs, being cleansed that I may move into a new way of being. I have been tending my soul: singing regularly once again (in the Mystic Choir); participating in Unity of Sedona; being a member of a Gratitude Circle; venturing back into service activities; and, attending classes and events that are spiritually focused and invite awakening.

And on rainy/snowy days like this, it is more conducive to curl up with a good spiritual work and treat myself to some extra reading time than it had been when living in Gilbert.

I surely was living in the desert of central Arizona and now I am living in the lushness and beauty of Red Rock Country amid many souls actively waking up. I feel so blessed and grateful. Thank you, Rain – thank You, God!

No comments: