Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Listening

I strive to be a good listener when someone is talking to me. That entails being attentive and focused, not thinking of how I will respond or making judgments or being somewhere else. To be a good listener for someone is a loving, respectful act.

It’s also an honorable act. When I am attentive, I’m honoring that person - and God. For God sends messages and information in many ways, and through the words of humans is a prolific format.

What fun it is to be alert to God’s words when face-to-face with another human being! What an opportunity to bless one another! Who knows what I will hear from God as I serve another by fully listening with my ears, my mind, and my heart?...

Dear Spirit -
Make me a channel of clear two-way communication in the presence of others, and in the Presence of You and Your unseen helpers.

No comments: